Immerse yourself in the specialized craft of tying Extended-Body Isonychia Mayflies with our expert instructor, Jake Martin, on February 17th at 11:30 AM. This intermediate-level class is not just a session on advanced fly tying techniques but also a deep dive into understanding the pivotal role of Isonychia mayflies in Northern Michigan fly fishing.
Why Isonychias? In Northern Michigan, the Isonychia (iso, for short) mayfly emergence is absolutely one of our favorite Northern Michigan hatches to chase. The extended-body patterns that we will be tying have proven themselves to us time and time again on the AuSable, Manistee and many other up-north rivers. Learning the extended body technique will add a whole new aspect of fun and craftsmanship to your dry fly tying.
- Date & Time: Satuday February 17th, 11:30 AM
- Location: Painted Trout Fly Shop 8063 Main St Dexter, MI
- Instructor: Jake Martin, renowned for his precision in fly tying, extensive angling knowledge and overall dry fly "nerdy-ness"
- Advanced Techniques: Explore the intricate process of crafting extended-body flies with foam and deer hair tails, essential for imitating the natural Isonychia mayfly.
- Skill Enhancement: Designed for tiers with foundational skills, this class will challenge and refine your techniques, preparing you for the Isonychia hatches synonymous with Northern Michigan's fly fishing scene.
- Practical Application: Learn not just to tie, but to understand the behavior and lifecycle of the iso, improving your on-the-water strategy.
- Class Fee: $70, inclusive of all materials required for tying including enough to take home and practice. Please bring your own vise and tools to ensure you're comfortable with your equipment.
- Limited to 5 Seats: Personalized attention is a priority, hence the limited availability. Grab your spot while they last!