This class is currently on hiatus due to COVID-19. To be notified when we resume please sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the page.
Introduction to Fly Fishing, A 2-Part Course of Fly Fishing Essentials
Curious about fly fishing? This popular course, taking place on two consecutive evenings, will give you everything you need to get started in the sport. You’ll have a clear understanding of the fundamentals, including everything from gear set-up, to fly selection, to casting basics.
- Part One - takes place indoors, where we’ll cover gear, flies, knots,fish andtheir behaviour, different waters, and an overview of effective techniques. No special equipment is needed but bring readers if you need them for small work.
- Part Two - is at one of our Metroparks, where we cover all aspects of the cast, from principles of physics to presenting the fly. We loan you the gear. You’ll come away a solid awareness of what it takes to execute an effective cast. Our method is direct contact so you actually feel what creates a good cast. In case of bad weather we reschedule for the next day.
- Class size - limited to 6
- Note: we will not be fishing in this course, just learning everything you need to go out fishing and start learning on your own.
- *Fine Print: All courses require payment in full at time of booking. Courses cannot be split between scheduled dates. If you miss a class, you can make it up if and when future classes have an opening. Booking fee is refundable within a week of booking only.