I have an earlier incarnation of this kit and gotta say that there's nothing more important than being organized AND mobile. We have tying get togethers at our local beer tasting spot (when not in pandemic mode), and we teach classes (ditto) and we also do a little social-distanced get together in our heated garage once in a while. The tying kit has been essential. Otherwise I'm making a million trips back and forth for the stuff I need. Get one for yourself and you'll wonder how you lived this long without one. During the season, I've got it in the back of my RAV4, ready for me to pounce out of the river and tie exactly what I need (or think I do).
The Tailwater Fly Tying Kit offers more of both for professional tyers and beginners alike. Four large see-through pouches and a padded storage compartment offer plenty of space for your arsenal of materials, including long, delicate capes. Forget about letting your scissors, bobbins and other accessories rattle around the bottom of your bag. Our new tool station and thread spool tray will keep everything, including your heavy pedestal base, safe and secure. To top it all off, the removable tying station, complete with hook and bead compartments, ensure that you’ll always have a flat surface to tie on. It’s time to take the show on the road.
- Tying tools not included
- Exterior quick access pocket
- Four large removable see-through zippered mesh material pockets
- 9” x 15” padded pocket for vise heads and delicate materials
- Pedestal insert with velcro tie downs
- 20 spool inserts
- Tool page with 14 hypalon backed tool slots and 2” x 15” pouch for UV lights, brushes and resin
- Removable 15” x 10” signature Fishpond Tying Pad with 4 built-in dishes for hooks or beads, and velcro strips for Tacky Fly Docks
- YKK Zippers
- Tools and supplies not included